Umrah Visa Requirements
In general you must have the following to apply for an Umrah visa.
- Confirmed air ticket for your entire journey. The ticket must cover your entry to and exit from the kingdom.
- Confirmed hotel accomodation voucher with payment confirmation.
- Passport valid for at least six months from date of travel.
- Two recent passport size visa photographs (white background)
The Saudi consulate may need to see the following paperwork for further verifications.
- Copy of birth certificate for children.
- Copy of marriage certificate for couples.
- Vaccination certificate against meningitis.
- Letter of Shahadah for new Muslims.
Important Notes Visa validity starts from the date of issue.
Please note the details below to help you apply for your Umrah visa successfully:
- One application form duly completed in black ink in BLOCK CAPITAL letters and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs. Your photo is a vital part of your visa application. Your photos must be:
- In color
- Preferably taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Eyeglasses are no longer allowed in new visa photos.
- If you normally wear a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from your departure date.
- visa applications should be dealt with only through a Hajj & Umra visa services agents. Saudi Embassy does not accept visa applications directly from public.
- A meningitis immunisation certificate. (Pilgrims must have their immunisation at least ten days before travelling)
- All females under 45 years of age should be accompanied by a Mahram (husband, father, uncle, adult son, brother or nephew) The accompanying Mahram must be at least 18 years old.
- Women who are of age 45 years or above can perform Umrah without a mahram. However, they are required to travel in a group and they should also attach a NOC (no objection certificate) from their mahram.
- All non-UK passport holders must have permanent residency in the UK.
- Though Umrah visa is valid for 30 days, Umrah performers are not allowed to stay in Saudi Arabia for 30 days. In fact, they have to leave the country maximum after spending 14 days of their entry into the kingdom.
- The 30 days visa means pilgrims need to enter the Kingdom within this time period. Once they arrive in Saudi Arabia they need to perform their Umrah and other important rituals in 14 days and exit the country on day 15 at the most.